A Call to Leadership - Chapters 1 & 2
By J. Oswald Sanders Meeting date: 1/20/04
Quick prayer by leader to start the meeting.
Give the names of the following movies: movie that you think is the funniest, movie that exudes the image of a “real man”, movie that makes you cry.
Break into smaller groups (5-6 per group)
- Why is it difficult for Christians today to wholeheartedly agree with Paul that spiritual leadership is “an honorable ambition”? (Chapter 1)
- Give examples of good and bad leaders which you’ve experienced.
- Why are spiritual leaders in such short supply today? (Chapter 2)
- What is the role of leadership training if spiritual leadership is conferred by God alone? (Chapter 2)
- How do the leadership qualities, admired in the business world, compare to the qualities required for spiritual leadership? (Mark 10:41-45)
- Do you feel a leadership calling within the church?